Category:Youth In Action
The Youth in Action Programme aims to achieve the following general objectives:
- promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
- develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in the European Union;
- foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries;
- contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organisations in the youth field;
- promote European cooperation in the youth field.
To this end, the Programme is structured around 5 Actions:
- encourages young people's active citizenship, participation and creativity through youth exchanges, youth initiatives and youth democracy projects.
- helps young people to develop their sense of solidarity by participating, either individually or in group, in non-profit, unpaid voluntary activities abroad.
- promotes partnerships and exchanges among young people and youth organisations across the world.
- includes various measures to support youth workers and youth organisations and improve the quality of their activities.
- supports youth policy co-operation at European level, in particular by facilitating dialogue between young people and policy makers.
(taken from ec.europa.eu)
Generally, all the essential information can be found in the Youth in Action Programme Guideother languages, a 150 pages document covering all the data, requirements, goals and numbers of the Youth In Action program. However, we are trying to summarize the most important information here.
Pages in category "Youth In Action"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.